Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Collaboration in One-X Communicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

4vayaMan

Programmer
Dec 21, 2010
US
I have this working great in the one-x Portal - it actually just worked out of the box, really impressed. On the one-x communicator, though, when I'm on the phone with someone else the option is greyed out. If I hold my mouse over it, it says "please enter conference server address". I've already entered the conference server address and it still says that.

Also, I do have the web collaboration license and it's checked on my user profiles along with all the other features.

Did you manage to sort this out? I have just found I have the same issue

You should not enter such information as this is done by the IPO itself.
Enter the FQDN or IP address on the server address and domain part.
That is it what you will need to enter.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

One-X Communicator is intended for Communication Manager and not supported in IPO, although it works as a SIP softphone.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

From 9.1 up it is the softphone to use and is supported for sure.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

That'a Avaya Communicator =) One-X Communicator is a different software. They like to confuse people.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I thought this thread had been buried in the ground XD. No, it's still the one thing I don't have working on R9.1 (I think anyways....). I'm thinking it may just not work as of now. The one-x web collaboration works even though we didn't have a license at that time (the special web collaboration license that just came out) which is a bug. I do know the whole collaboration in general is something they ported over from CM, so they probably just did it quick and dirty in 9.1 and haven't gotten around to optimizing it for IPO - unless of course someone on here has done the collaboration through the one-x communicator.

4vayaMan

Did you have any luck with this the manual says its supported but having this feature. But having trouble getting Web Collaboration icon to even appear on the 9.1 Communicator.

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back