Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Warning Message durning boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaenke

MIS
Feb 15, 2000
US
I have a new Proliant 3000 500MHz and have just installed Intranetware 4.11 on it. When I reboot the server I get a message during the loading of the NIC (N100.Lan off the smartstart 4.6) that says &quot;WARNING: Changing the RXINTDELAY setting may affect performance.&quot;<br>
<br>
What does this mean and how can I fix it?

I've got the same thing on a proliant 4000. have you managed to sort it?<br><br>regards<br>Martin

I get the same message.&nbsp;&nbsp;Does anyone know what this message means?

THis sounds like the driver is wanting to change the transmission interrupt delay.&nbsp;&nbsp;In most cases this will occur if and only if you have a slow connection.&nbsp;&nbsp;In this case, it almost appears to be caused by the driver.&nbsp;&nbsp;I will look into this a little further and see if there is some sort of resolution. For the most part, according to the Novell web site, it is an informational message only.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br> <p>Mark C. Greenwood<br><a href=mailto:m_jgreenwood@yahoo.com>m_jgreenwood@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

If you can, try removing the existing NIC and installing one or more different makes - perhaps one 3Com and one Intel - get &quot;server grade&quot; NICs, PCI bus of course.<br>If Compaq insists on an Eisa config file for PCI-bus NICs (a creepy way of keeping other brand NICs out of their servers), send it back and get another brand! <p>Fred Wagner<br><a href=mailto:frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us>frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back