Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN W2003 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokitman1

Technical User
Oct 27, 2004
GB
HI,

we have a newley installed W2003 server standalone dc..
I need to acces it remotley over the net via VPN - remote desktop works fine - but VPN gets 721 error, shows up in event log as user connected on public IP - but mentions port 47 forwarding on router, I have done this and put all inbound filters in place on the NIC connected to the router ???
still not working?

any ideas?

any help would be great !!

Thanks
Rokitman1

What is the exact error in the event log? Also, explain how your network is ocnfigured from the internet to the W2K3 server.

ok,

ADSL router to net static 192.168.0.1

Internet NIC on Server to router
DHCP (I am waiting for a fixed IP from ISP, may happen next few months)leases 192.168.0.10 from w2003 srv

LAN NIC on Server static 192.168.0.15

Event viewer sees IP of VPN connecting PC, says error is most common when GRE is not forwarded on router, I cant find GRE on my DLink 504 router ?? all other filters are in place as per Microsoft documentation, so I guess GRE is my issue?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back