Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

voltage worries

Status
Not open for further replies.

trak47

Technical User
Sep 20, 2001
US
i have a asus a7a266 motherboard.w\amd 1.4ghz.heatsink fan is a valcano 5. case fans{3}.my asus probe {software for hardware monitoring} keeps poping up alerting me to voltages and sometimes temp. peaks or drop offs.at present my specs. are as follows: cpu temp.61c\141f
mb temp.35c\95f
+12v=12.159
+5v=4.919
+3.3v-=3.248
vcore=1.776

i need to know if these are nomal or unstable voltages.
and what solutions there might be.example-defective prossesor,power supply,or what ever.

i have the vcore jumper on mb set to default{enabled}vid config.

please respond.thank you.

Voltages are just fine, but 61 is TOO hot. You've got to get it down to less than 55 for it to run stable.
Pull the heatsink/fan off it, scrape all the crap off, and put a VERY thin layer of compound on it. You only need barely enough to help the CPU make good contact with the heatsink. Not enough, and it won't transfer heat, too much, same problem... Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

but i did use very little paste.i applied it w\a match.how much is too much?

I have had problems with the 5 volt power supply on a PC with several boards. While 4.9 is just still within spec,
it may dip too low during heavy use such as when the boards boot. I bought a new , higher wattage PSU(Tested at 5.03
volts as opposed to 4.89) and this solved the problem.
I hope this helps,
Regards, Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back