Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VOIP (Technical Question). 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jared5494

Technical User
Jun 9, 2002
US
Hi,
I have a lake house in Michigan which i am currently setting up a satellite internet connection. The house cannot get phone service or cell phone service, so my question is: can i use VOIP from the lake house to my company. Then to have my company somehow forward the calls from my lake house to it's destination.

For example:
I want to call Dominos from my lake house.
I call Dominos using VOIP from my computer, goes to my company in Kentucky, then it ends up calling Dominos in Michigan, so i am now connected with Dominos at my lake house.

This is rather complex, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
jared

**EDIT**
i want to forward the calls automatically from my company. So no employees involved.

thanks,
jared

easy. Get a pair of Multitech MVP130s (or similar)
Configure one unit as FXO and connect to an analog PBX extension on your company's telephone switch. Configure the other end as FXO and connect to an analog telephone at your lake house.

Latency will be an issue over satellite however it will work. You will need to ensure your satellite provider is not blocking the ports needed for VOIP.

note the lake house end should be FXS not FXO

you can do VOIP with the units I sell. My units connect
to a corporate PBX. So, you'd get dial tone from the PBX; dial wherever you want......tom@rickenbackercommunications.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back