Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

voicemail question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxhiyanxx

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2003
US
We just had a PRI installed last week.. one of the numbers rings through to a group of phones that represents another company on the floor. That line is assigned to "none", and each set that is supposed to ring is assigned to that line. however after the set number of rings the lines kick back to the operator DN and the AA for the main company. basically i want to know the easiest way to create a mailbox for those phones so that after the set number of rings it goes to this mailbox. could i just create a mailbox for one of the phones in the group and then have the system roll over to that mailbox? i'd like to make it so that if there is a message all of the phones message lights would blink but i have no idea if that is possible

thanx

Matt

As I said, I don’t understand what you wrote in your previous post. Your subsequent quote: "If the mailbox is 200 and the extension is 300 the system..." is correct for actual phones, but does not hold true for HG's to voice mail (when dealing with Norstar in my experience.) Perhaps it is different for BCM. This is just how it is for Norstar: if your hunt group DN and MBX number don’t match, either the call will not go to VM, or it will go to gen deliv, depending on release. Actual phones are different, though the DN's and mbx number should match if for no other reason than good, logical, record keeping.

What I do know is wrong in his setup, and now I can see that you pointed it out previously, is that his overflow was the mbx number, when it should be the voice mail DN.

ok.. as far as i know i cant' check the voice mail DN till i get back to the office on monday so i guess that will have to wait, unless there's a way to do it becides the function 985?

Matt

I would suspect it depends on what voicemail you had on the Norstar system. I know we have a few that intergrate with the Norstar. That will mean we have both learned something I was unaware it had to match on the Norstar.

Thanks Marshall

Marshall- I agree, and I'm sure you are correct in your statement about the mbx and HG-DN not having to match for the BCM. I can see from your posts that you know your stuff. Actually, I have never had a reason to number Nortel mbx's anything other than the DN they correspond to, so in regard to BCM, it was only an assumption on my part.

Dialed function 985. Got the magic extention, entered it into the line prime and hunt group overflow extention and set the queue timer and everything seems to be working right. Thanx a million guys

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back