Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VNC over VPN both ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordzorak

Technical User
Jul 2, 2008
US
We have a network at our office and have VNC installed on our computers (currently a mix of realVNC and ultraVNC). Within the office, we can VNC to other computers with no problems.

When guys go on the road, they take their laptops. They can VPN into the server and if need to, they can VNC to their desktops and this works pretty well.

However, is there a way for someone at the office to VNC into the laptop on the road through the VPN connection established by the road computer. I have seen many issues but none seem to address this, or at least that I really see.

All our systems are WinXP Pro.

If anyone could give some advice or at the least direct me to a previous thread that tackles this topic, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Z

What type of VPN? Is the vpn on a different subnet? If so you would need to have your routing table setup correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back