Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VNC; connection closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastWords

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2001
GB
Hello all,

I know this has come up on a previous thread but it still hasn't been solved so i'll ask again. I've installed VNC on a w2k server and I managed to connect to it once remotely but when I locked my the server it told me (after entering corrent ip and password) that 'connection closed'. All the appropriate services seem to be running fine on the w2k server and vnc on another w2k server I use is working fine and dandy. So this is not making much sense? ;)
Any suggestions kindly welcome.

Thought at first it might be because the screen was locked, but turns out it was because the AppMode version was running rather than the service. If you've just installed VNC, the service is installed, but probably not started. Start the service and you should be able to connect after setting the default password.
From the GUI: Start, Settings, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services, VNC Server
From the command line:
Code:
net start "VNC Server"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back