Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

7upp

Technical User
Feb 4, 2008
US
I have a upcoming install IPO and VMPro. It is at a prison. I need to restrict callers that come into the auto attn. from dialing certain extensions, while allowing some extensions to be dialed.

Assuming the extensions are already assigned, and you can't put allowed extensions in a different extension range from those that aren't allowed.....

Menu for the AA, Touchtones for the transfer (ex. 1?? for 100~199). Connect to Variable Routing to match $KEY to either allowed or disallowed extension numbers, whichever list is smaller.

If by allowed extensions, route No Match to a recording and loop back to the AA, route the matches to Transfer $KEY

IF by disallowed extensions, route No Match to Transfer $KEY, route the matches back to the AA

This may get complex depending on how many digits your extensions you have and how many extensions you have.

I have seen some that will capture each digit as pressed with a menu and allow the transfer to certain extensions and any not allowed get routed to say the operator. Pain to program like this and honestly probably better options if you have a ton of extensions and digits but it would work.

TTT beat me to it and has a better solution. Giving him pink.

TTT has a good solution
for a prison scenario I would definetly use a White List (allowed extns) to ensure that any programming changes fail safe.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Thanks for your for your help! I will program this in our lab system to do a test run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back