Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

jps3700

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2001
US
Hello:

I am getting the following message in the system monitor of my IPO412, "VoiceMail server maximum 8 reached" this occurs during our call centers busiest hours.

Does anyone happen to know what happens if a call is in queue and there isn't a VM Port to play the queued & still queue message? Does the call drop, do they hear music instead, or busy signal? I haven't been able to call in and queue yet when this occurs to determine what happens, so I was hoping someone else would have some ideas. We have been getting complaints of dropped calls and I was just trying to weed things out.

Also, is there any type of report CCC or otherwise that could tell me how often this is occurring? I can see in the system monitor log files that is happens, but it really doesn't provide enough data, such a time & duration...

Any information/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

John

John,

Your customer's will only get the "Queued" and "Still Queued" message if at the time the call is placed in the queue there are TWO or more free Voicemail ports. If there is only one free or none free they will be placed in the queue as normal but they will only get Music on Hold (either from the .wav file if you have it loaded, or from the Music on Hold port - if you have it connected and you have not loded a music on hold .wav file.)

Any calls in the queue will again only get the "Queued" and "Still Queued" message if there are two or more free Voicemail ports available - otherwise they sit in the queue and get Music on Hold.

Mar sin leat

endpoint
(when you get here there's no where else to go!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back