Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Integrator and Physical Counts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeejCyr

MIS
Aug 1, 2002
US
After my failed attempts to write to MAS90 directly, we have purchased Visual Integrator. It worked wonderfully in finishing the first part of our project (inventory transactions). Now we need to be able to bring in a flat file full of inventory counts.
We generate the count sheets with MAS90 and have it freeze inventory (placing records in the inventory physical table). Now when we use VI to import the flat file it only wants to append to the end of the file instead of updating the count quantities. Is there a workaround for this? I have tried not freezing the inventory and just having the records go into the physical table but then when I go to enter counts no records show up and trying to update the register causes MAS90 to crash.

I'd verify you are building the physical count record correctly.. this sounds like the "key" to the physical count record is wrong (or short). A properly formed record will have as it's key data:

Warehouse Code, Length=3
Item Number, Length=15
Lot/Serial Number,Length=15

If the item is not a lot/serial item, the lot/serial number field will be space-filled. There is nothing special about the physical count file itself. You should be freezing the inventory first.. you should then be able to add records or update physical count quantities via V/I.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back