Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjizzo

Technical User
Jan 7, 2004
US
I'm working on a Dell Inspiron with Vista that recently was updated with MS office 2007 updates. After updating, the user complains of 3 things:
1. intermittantly the computer gets stuck on the welcome screen and dosen't proceed farther.

2. The computer says it doesn't recognize the battery, however it is only 2 years old. It still charges and works fine on battery

3. wouldn't allow Macafee to run a scan or allow a download of another antivirus program.

I suspect malware or a virus, but the user would prefer I don't reformat. Any suggestons? Right now the startup issue bewilders me.

These forums are more applicable for each of your questions:

1. forum1583

2. forum602

3. forum760

rjizzo,

Did you ever repost these questions, or else resolve them?

I didn't find new postings anywhere. Did you end up just reformatting to correct the issues? If so, did it correct all 3 or just the 2 seemingly software-related questions?

Yes..I reposted on the Vista forum. There are still some issues the enduser still doesn't like. I offerred some workarounds, but she is not receptive to a reformat. I'm waiting to hear back from her. I think ultimately she will have to conceed to a reformat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back