Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing Netware Rights via Rights Command

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappy1271

MIS
Sep 17, 2001
US
Hey Peeps,
Interesting situation I have here.
I use the command Rights.exe extensively in managing my Netware Servers. But here recently something weird is happening. Any ideas would be great.

Netware 5.1 SP6
Windows 2k Sp4 client 4.83
Windows 95 client 3.31 sp2
logged in as Admin on both

I want to check the rights for a group for a directory:
F:\APPS>Rights /group=everyone /i

This is the error that is receive on the Win2k box:
RIGHTS-4.22 (970314 PTF-725: You must be Supervisor equivalent to access the Inheritance option for objects other than yourself.

Same command on the Win95 box kicks out the proper output.

Any ideas? Keep in mind, I said I was logged in as Admin. I am thinking NDS Corruption but then it would also affect the Win95 box.
thanks

I don't think it's NDS corruption, and RIGHTS.EXE is a very old utility. It doesn't surprise me that it fails on W2K.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Yes Rights.exe is old but it still functions on Win2k. But this problem just started happening recently on an intermittent basis. Nothing had changed up to that point but when the problem arose that is when I updated the Client to the latest. I am wondering now if it was a MS patch that is causing this. Very weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back