Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing BCM backup files

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfisherwsci

Programmer
Apr 22, 2008
US
This is a side note (more of a contingency) for another issue I was having with not being able to restore BCM telephony from BRU utility.

Anyone know of anyway to view the actual files in a plain text format to decipher what the settings for reprogramming the BCM by hand?

I'm sure there's something out there that can view and decode the files, but I'm not sure what.

These are the files I'm interested in reading/deciphering

'telephonydata.bru'
'telephonykey.bru'
'ST_Data.bru'

These should give me the set and specific configuration of how the system was programmed before the telephony restore wouldn't work. Just not sure what application or program would be used to open and decipher

Unfortunatey, there is no way to convert the backup files on a 3.x system which has always been a bit of problem for people.

In BCM50 and BCM 4.0 you can backup the system AND download all of the configuration into a readable html file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back