Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

video display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcf27

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2002
US
I just got a vaio grz660 laptop from work and found something peculiar with its video diaplay. Some of the fonts appear to be fuzzy. For example, the threads headings look fuzzy, like if it were missing some pixels, or like if they were bleeding. This happens in just about all applications. The bolder the font, the fuzzier they seem. I recall seeing something similar with an HP laptop where it showed the same probelm after running powerpoint.

Any clues on how to fix the vaio porblem???

Thanks in advance

J.

I know this can happen with TFT monitors when the display refresh rate is set wrongly, try something safe like 60htz and see what it looks like then.
Might not be the same on a lappy but worth a try.
Martin Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

Martin,

Thanks for the help. I tried different display settings and not much changed. The max refresh rate is 60hz for the display. I also have the latest drivers.

Jorge

You might try checking your resolution/color quality. I've seen it look like that when it's set too high for the display. Perhaps you could try 256 colors instead of 16 or higher bits, and see what it looks like. Otherwise I'd wonder if the display is faulty in some way.

So you have tried to remove the card altogether and reinstall it since you have the latest drivers. If you have tried this and all other recomedations, I tend to agree that the display itself is going bad. To be sure though connect it up to a monitor to be sure it's the display and not the card. Let everything that have breath praise the Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back