Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vfp9sp2 database Webbase

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccartmd

Programmer
Feb 3, 2003
US
Hi: Have built vfp app with tables, joins, sqls reports, classes etc. (easy!) looking to webbase vfp database 101 using "my app", (hard!) I have read much on this and can't seem to perceive or how to approach it!
regarding scripting, host services,ado, asp, dsn,php,frontpage,apache,sql server, mysql. . etc.
How does one approach this, of using your own vfp app/dbc?
its the server side that is giving me fits.
they want you to use access or mysql. . .
and to me vfp is just fine, access if too bossy
and I don't have the patience to wade thru mysql,
sql server. . .or others, would like to use vfp.
Appreciate any feedback. . .just "the basics"

Thank you!
Mike

Mike,
Agree with you 100% about VFP: it runs circles around Access, MySql, even SQL server for small businesses automation. Robust, easily customizable, features laden with all the tools one would ever need.
To put your VFP data on the web, however, requires quite a bit of effort. Like you said, the server side stuff is hard. That's why people, including myself, utilize third party "middle ware" to link up to the web. is the one I'm using. You may also check out a software house selling web-enabled software package based on the West Wind foundation.
You may also check out the website I designed for a client that's based on Geldman's & West-Wind: Try the Search function. The inventory data are uploaded daily to provide most current info. A secured section also provides up to date order info for CrownMark's customers.
Hope this helps to point you to the right direction.

Steve

I have used ActiveVFP, It's simple to use, open source just good words about it :)

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back