Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP5 and XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp9

Programmer
Sep 27, 2002
GB
Tell me, will VFP 5.0a install and run under Windows XP? I have a tiny bit of maintenance to an old program to do, but am trying to avoid buying a recent version of VFP if I can get away with installing my old version under XP.

Thoughts/advice welcome, thanks.

[pc2]

hello everybody.
if have an "old" vfp5 app which was developed under win95/nt.

over 2 years ago my customer changed to winxp prof.
they also changed pc and printers.

its running fine without any changes and no crashes.

so just move it to xp...

regards from germay
rainer r. greim

bye
Rainer R. Greim
vist us at :

One small warning...

I haven't actually nailed down the precise problem yet, but after updating XP Professional with SP2 and the latest security updates, Visual Studio 6 would no longer install. Neither would the MSDN library from July 2001. I do have it installed on my laptop, which I updated with SP2 and the sercurity updates AFTER installing Visual Studio.

I don't know if this affects Visual Studio 5 or not, but I thought I'd let you know.

Ian

hello there
if have here a notebook, running winxp pro with the latestest updates and servicepacks.

one week ago i had installed visual studio 6 with the lastest service pack .
and my vfp is running fine.

maybe there are big differences betweeen the german versions and ....

but my vfp5 app is still running with a special xp-pro version (tailored for a big company in germany ..)
regards rainer

bye
Rainer R. Greim
vist us at :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back