Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vector to spell by name directory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

distcomp

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
We recently upgraded to R11 with Deluxe call center and I am looking to replace my Intuity Audix driven Automated Attendant with a vector (to preserve ports on the system). I know how to implement everything EXCEPT, how do I get the caller to the spell by name directory?

Previously the caller was directed to press *2 to gain access, but from a vector how would it work?

Is it even possible? Any and all help greatly appreciated...

Hi

On a serperate note we are considering upgrading tp REL 11 from 9.5 but have heard that there are license problems which cause the switch to reboot.

Have you experience of any such problems?

DPhil,

Actually our upgrade is scheduled to begin later this week, so I will let you know how bad it gets.

I have been told many a horror story. We are upgrading from R8 to R11, so as I understand it we will be going from R8 to R9 and finally to R11. A new processor is going in, as well as a call classifier.

You'll only get licensce problems when someone takes out your processor board and sticks in an other processor board.
In the new software the system customer options are linked to the processors serialnumber.

As long as Avaya or an authorised reseller is swapping our processors you will not get in to trouble cause they have tools to change the serialnumber in the software is the processor swap was 'really' necessary.

I've been involved in several projects now with R11 and up till now all projects are stable.

Really there is NO need to panic about the license file Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back