Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VCT16 compression card --?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkop08534

MIS
May 21, 2004
I have a facility where we will be implementing IP phones at a remote facility. My questions are as follows: what type of compression does the NEC2000 IPS have already if any as well as would the VCT16 compression card, recommended by a vendor, be required when we will be using a 2mb fiber link between the facilities.
any specifications on the IP compression from the PBX and the card would be awesome or if someone could direct me in the direction of getting this information would be nice.

G.729 (8k) without overhead is available and is set within the PBX programming.

A 16VCT card added to the 32IPLA PAD card will give you the option of G729a (8K + header approx 16K) or G723.1 (6.3K + header approx 14.3K).
Without the card you have G.711 (64K + header approx 72K).
If bandwidth is no issue G.711 should be fine just make sure that your network equipment supports some type of QOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back