Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB.Net 2005 CrystalReportViewer control problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

subgoat

Programmer
Sep 23, 2005
GB
Hi, I've added the crystal reportd references successfully to version 11.5.3700 - which is CR XI Release 2, BUT the problem I have now is that the crystalreportviewer control comes up with an error when I try to add it to a form. I know it's the right version (11.5.3700) but it gives this error when I add it onto the form:
---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
---------------------------
Failed to create component 'CrystalReportViewer'. The error message follows:

'System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.VSDesigner, Version=11.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

File name: 'CrystalDecisions.VSDesigner, Version=11.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' ...

Now clearly it's got something to do with mismatching files, but I've tried to add the report view control to the toolbox from the references CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms referenced assembly, but I'm not sure it actually does it and I still get the error. Can anyone please help with this as it's driving me bananas!

Regards, Ian

Seeing that VS2k5 came with CR 10, I am not sure that you can use XI with it.

Yes you can - I sorted it out by completely uninstalling CR XI R2 and then re-installing. Then the right control magivcally appeared in the toolbox - problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back