Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VAS008 and VSID 16 errors help

Status
Not open for further replies.

letalis

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2013
DE
HI,

I'm getting the following errors on two redundant call servers (CS1000, rls 5.5 using geographic redundency)

VAS008 ADMIN VSID 16 CUST -- TIME & DATE 1:22:02 29/04/2014

AUD370 VSID 16 CUST --

I understand that because these pop up on the redundant CS that these are pretty much "nuisance errors" being as there is no call processing occuring and
it is looking for Call Pilot (which isn't there).

My question is, can I go into a load and turn off something (so to speak) so I won't get the errors anymore?

I'm also getting the following alarm. I believe it looking for a RAN that isn't installed.

ERR0220 20 0

No response (control pulse) return from all trunks on route r for customer c. Minor alarm lit on attendant console.
Action: Check RAN machine in operation. Use LD 36 to check RAN trunk and RAN machine.

Thanks,

Steve

If you don't have anything using elan 16, then yes, you can remove both elan 16 and vas 16. You'll have to go through all the programming on the pbx that uses ran and see which one is using route 20, which is usually ACDN

Geo Redundancy replicates the database, no way to get rid of it at the Geo site. If you remove it it will be right back in there after database replication which should be done every night. And yes that is a RAN error, maybe it's not there any more.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back