Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vantage Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenalolo

MIS
Jan 17, 2020
PK
Hi, it is Cm /SM/SMGR release 8.1 with few K175 vantage tel sets. I am getting error while configuring the vantage set. I followed exactly the procedure mentioned in the avaya official documents. but as i entered login credentials i get INVALID DOMAIN error. Vantage firmware is 2.2 (latest).
I doubled check the domain entry it is correctly mentioned in the 4xxsettings file. Any help.

Hard to provide a clear answer since there can be variance depending on how your environment is configured.

1. Assuming you are not using AADS and only using a 46xxsetting.txt then you need to SET SIPDOMAIN ??????
2. Do you have the sip domain programmed in the System Manager/Session Manager?
3. Did you correctly enable the registration port for the Session Manager Entity?
4. When logging in are you only typing in the extension number? You should not add the SIP domain as part of the login.

When you run a traceSM you should see the REGISTER message and should be able to determine what is being presented to the Session Manager.

Hi Jimbo,
please see below the answer against your questions

1. Assuming you are not using AADS and only using a 46xxsetting.txt then you need to SET SIPDOMAIN ?????? Yes only 46xxsetting file.
2. Do you have the sip domain programmed in the System Manager/Session Manager? Yes
3. Did you correctly enable the registration port for the Session Manager Entity? Yes
4. When logging in are you only typing in the extension number? You should not add the SIP domain as part of the login. Not checked yet

What you guys advise now???

I ran traceSM and after reviewing the file i found that it seems the phone does not communicate with SM. As per the settings file TLS is used but in traces it is showing TCP rather TLS.

Any help?

I am able to resolve the issue after using correct 4xxsetting file. LDAP is still giving problem, can somebody help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back