Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VAL Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelecomHeadache

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2003
US
In the Status Pane while I was doing a backup of my announcements I noticed the following error: Could not enable filesystem on board PBXVAL:...Failed to create username/password on file system.

Anyone know what this means? I cannot find fault with any of the announcements.

Thanks

TH

I have expierenced this in the past. You will not experience any faults with the announcments, it just indicates that you have management connectivity issues to that specific card. There are a few things to look at:

1. Status the VAL board in the PBX using the command: status link xxx. Is the board in serivce/idle? Can you ping that IP from the box you are using to perform the back-up?
2. Select the card in VAL manager and right click on the properties in VAL manager and make sure that the IP address for the VAL card is the same that is listed in the switch. If it isn't, contact AVAYA for an upgrade/patch. There is a patch that can resolve the number of IP nodes that you have.
3. Make sure that you have the ability to make a connection to the switch. If all of the connections are active, you could receive that message.

Good luck!

It sounds like you already have a login and password set up, so it can not create it again. On the definity type disable filesystem board 1a14 login xxxxx password yyyyy. Where 1a14 is the location of the VAL board and xxxxx is your login, and yyyyy is the password. I am not too familiar with the VAL Manager, does it ask you for a login and password, or does it create one automatically?

VAL manager creates a password and enables the file system on the VAL board when doing a backup. You can get announcement information by connecting to the VAL board thru your C-LAN card. But to copy/backup the wav files VAL mgr ftp's to the VAL board.

Sounds like you don't have a network connection to the VAL board. Can you ping the VAL IP from your PC?
Have you enabled an ethernet data module on port 33 of the VAL board?

Hope this helps,

Ronster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back