Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V1 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepp77

Vendor
Oct 30, 2008
GB
Got an old customer who refuses to upgrade, but of course management still offer them support and maintenance on their V1 chassis.

It has died, we have a replacement so that is not an issue, but we dont have a spare licence card and want to get the chassis to the correct software level before shipping it to the customer, but I cannot remember whether a v1 unit will power up and allow you to upgrade it without the licence card being in place (like the SD card needs to be).

Any confirmation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

| ACSS SME |

Does it really died, or is it the power supply?

In that case, replace it with a power supply of an IPO500V2.

You do need a license card in the V1 for it to power properly. It can have no licenses on it, but it needs to be present. We keep one at the office for that very reason.

@okkie - I don't know, support desk just said its dead. So plan is to replace with one from maintenance stock.
@telecomboy - That is what I thought and we did used to keep a couple lying around, but recently had a purge :)

| ACSS SME |

Do yourself a favour. Try to replace the power supply first...

Saves you a lot of hassle..

Not me doing the actual work, but its already been replaced with another IP500. Main issue we have now is we are minimising maintenance stock for onsite kit as lots of customers were moved to hosted/containerized and we now do not even sell Avaya, but have to keep some bits available.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back