Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using shortcodes remotely 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSEguy3

MIS
Jan 7, 2007
US
Is there a way to utilize shortcodes remotely and if so what are best practices? For example, I pressed my DND button before I left today to turn it on but now that I'm working remotely I'd like to turn DND off using a shortcode. I'd also like to turn on twinning remotely.

Thanks!

Voicemail Pro? You can have a user options menu where you can do all of these things.

The short code for DND can only be dialed from the User that wants to enable or disable DND, not for another user

We are indeed using Voicemail Pro. Would a user options menu be accessed as a breakout key once I'm in my voicemail or would it be accessed elsewhere from our auto attendant configuration?

Make a VM Pro module, and either a DID to get to it, an option off of an AA, a shortcode that a voicemailbox breakout can get to - the action you want is under Configuration Options, Personal Options Menu

Personal_Options_igrn8t.jpg

I can do this on my iPhone with One X Mobile Lite and using 'extend call' then I can use the same shortcodes as my desk phone. I guess you could do the same with FNE but both need a handful of DDIs.

If you have mobile twinning enabled AND a remote or power user license you can use a FNE code to access IP Office, receive dial tone and dial any Feature Code or number as if you dial it on your desk phone.
It is necessery to have twinning configured but twinning doesn't have to be enabled.
I use CLI routing on a DDI number to route to the FNE shortcode "Dial Tone".

I am just using mobile twinning that came free with 801 and no need for user licences.

All the Lite app does is dial preconfigured numbers!

Then no FNE codes, it is worth a license I can assure you...

It uses FNE codes to enable/disable

Off PBX call simultaneous ring
Call appearance
Send all calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back