Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using PIE Charts in CR2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpowe60

Programmer
Mar 4, 2009
US
I was wondering if anyone has had the following problem;
I have cr2008 ver 12.1.3,, I also have xcelsius engage which is giving me fits when i want to print multiple pie charts..cr2008 apparently only prints the chart if you on on the current page that has the chart-will not print multiple charts. Because of that, I have started t0 create pie charts within cr2008. I have a summary report that 1) displays a pie chart for the total results and two i use the group footer to display a pie chart based upon the individual group. The charts get displayed not problem, but i can't figure out how to put TEXT statements into the legend..I tried in the preview mode, but it only hold the text for the currrent page...the following summary pages do not show the text that i entered...show the field name being used...

i was wondering if anyone has run across this and if so, how do you correct this...can;'t have the users entereding text each time they run the report..

any comments/sugggestions greatly appreciated...

If all else fails, this could probably be done with our CRChart add-in, using the @ASL macro, which would let you set any of the text strings in the legend and would "override" whatever Crystal tried to put in there.

-Dan

DISCLAIMER: I work for the company, threedgraphics.com, that makes this product. This product costs money.

Dan Weingart
OEM Technical Manager
Three D Graphics, Inc.

Thanks for the info...i was told by another perosn about that product...

have to investigate that...need to know if the user wants to spend money...

again thanks for the info

FYI...I got around the problem...i created formulas for the data, then i used the formulas as the legend...then
when i prevfiew the report i changed the forumla name to the name that i needed, then after changin all the lengends, I clicked "apply changes to all charts"
then i save the report, close it then reopend it ran it
and the legends where exaclty what i needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back