Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Amo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

don1159

Programmer
Apr 30, 2009
US
I'm trying to use direct ammo's in LC win but I'm getting the following message. How do I correct this ?

S4: START OF AMO SCSU UNSUCCESSFUL
CAUSE : AMO SIGNALS 'NOT READY' - TIME SUPERVISION TIMED OUT
EXCEPTION CODE: H'FFFF

Which version of 9006 are you running? 9006.4 or .5 or .6?

How exactly are you typing in the AMO?

Does DIS-SCSU:xxxx,ALL; work? Where xxxx is one of your extensions

I've never seen that message before.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

I was using amo dea-dssu to deactivate stno. That worked however when I went to do a Del-SCSU:xxxx,ALL; it don't do anything. I try again this morning to delete a stno and the system rebooted.

OK, I know this is going to confuse you, and I'm not sure if others are going to remember this, but I'll try anyway....

From my perspective, because I never had the official scoop, there were 2 DIFFERENT versions of 9006.5. I had 2 diff 9006.5 switches about 6 months apart and one I called 9006.5 and the other 9006.5A. There were 2 different versions of LC-Win, and the one you use HAS to match which 9006.5 you have. I just looked in my desk drawer and I don't have a CD in there, but I probably still have one in my laptop bag at home. LC-Win 1.0 which is like KV64 was for the latest release of 9006.4, and then came LC-Win 2.0 for the first 9006.5 and was the next higher KV, followed by LC-Win 3.0 for the newer version of 9006.5 and finally LC-Win 4.0 for 9006.6 - which was the best of them in my opinion. The latest release of the LC-Win CD had all 4 versions on it. So when you start up LC-Win you should look on the front page and see if you have V2.0 or V3.0. If you have all 4 versions, and have 2 loaded, install 3, and if 3 loaded, install 2 and try the other one.

I don't have any resources here that I can call on right now, but might be able to look some stuff up. You also need to have the LC-Win server running on the system. If that is not the case you have to go to either Direct AMO tru EMML if you have it, or plug into the RMX port and connect at 4800 7E1 using ProComm with TVI910 emulation. When you connect you should see ######## stuff across the screen. You either want to hit Ctrl-X or Ctrl-T (I forget) to start your session. You want to use EXE-XAPX:A1,ACT.LCT; to start the LC-Win server (in case it's not). Then hit Ctrl-X or Ctrl-T (the opposite one) to logoff. DO NOT PLAY IN RMX - Bad things can happen!!

Also, if you are not licensed for RMX functionality on your system then the only login you can use is rsca - you would need to know that password, which is typically set by the installer.

That's all I have for now.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back