Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using additional characters in tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubsi

Technical User
Aug 27, 2002
DE
I have problem with using in my tables additional characters like "?". The table views only "?".

Is this a problem of the langdriver in the BDE ?

Thanks for your help

What language driver does that character come from?

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time; we have the rest of our lives. It's about priorities.

Hello Tony,

thanks for yor answer. But I don't know where I can see the language driver for the character.

It's a normal PC with windows xp, language german.
When I choose the charactertable in the font Arial I can choose this special character. Then I copy it into my paradoxtable.

Hope I explained it well.

Well, sorry. I don't have any help for you.

I don't use anything but standard English (American) stuff, and don't know about characters in the range above the usual American alphabet.

I wouldn't normally, but since no one is answering on this I'll ask if you've tried either on the Internet or on newsgroup...??

There may be someone there with experience using a different character set or at least characters above/below standard alphabet.

Sorry, wish I had a more direct answer for your question.

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time; we have the rest of our lives. It's about priorities.

Hello Tony,

I found the reason in a german forum:

Paradox is not able to use unicode and the character "?" is only in the greek codeblock available. The only soluition will be to change to the creek language driver.

OK. Yes, knew about unicode, and thought to ask, but couldn't remember what it was called (unicode) so that I could ask you whether that might be a unicode character.

And, unfortunately, there is literally no chance Paradox will ever be updated to use unicode.

Tony McGuire

ascii inernational works for a few but not nearly enough characters. Will Paradox ever be updated again?

Updated?

NO, not likely ever again.

It doesn't do Unicode, but it DOES do this flavor of German so it isn't dead for this user.

Tony McGuire

Flavor of German?
Anyone put anything together yet to transfer entire files to access, other db's? (with mb files.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back