Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB MS Optical Intellimouse problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenzo

Technical User
Aug 6, 2001
US
My USB mouse seems to go into a sleep state after about 3 minutes of inactivity. Moving the mouse or clicking will wake it up but there is a delay of 2 to 5 seconds. Very annoying problem. I have performed searches on the internet with no luck.

K

Hey Kenzo,
I have the same problem with the intellimouse. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. It happens mostly when I go idle and my monitor shuts down. When I move my mouse, it takes forever to get the screen backup again. If you find something, let me know. My OS is ME -Feryl
--> Just a silly software engineer wannabee.

Don't know about Kenzo's problem but if it's the same as Ma3x323's about the monitor going out, you need to go to Start>Settings>ControlPanel>Power and set it not to go into suspend mode. Set the monitor and harddrive to never "OFF"
Think that is what Ma3x323 is talking about. Hope it is. Every day above ground is a GOOD DAY!!!

I tried turning off power mangement in the BIOS but this didn't help. Win98 Power Mangagement is configured for everthing never to turn off.

I continue to search for an answer.

Tyan S1854 MOBO
256Meg Ram
Soundblaster
Slot 1 700E
Cheap Video Card until I get it replaced.

K

Check out these addresses and see if they help you out:

These were two articles I came across trying to figure out my usb intellimouse problems. Ended up I am using Win98SE with an AMD processor and trying to use the usb port, to which there is a bug in the operating system and one of those addresses contains a fix for this.

The problem ended up to be caused by ATI drivers left over after deinstallation when a AIW 128 Pro died. All of the dll's did not get deleted during the uninstall. Everything is fine now.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back