Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

84Mike

Technical User
Nov 8, 2005
US
IP500v2
Essential 9.1.0.437 to 9.1.3.0

I need to update the version on one of my systems remotely, but I can't remember if this affects service the whole time the process is running. I can't have the system down for the length of the upgrade during business hours. I was hoping to start the process from the office during the afternoon, then finish in the evening from home. Can anyone tell me at which point I will be causing outages with the phones/system? Thanks in advance.

The system only reboots once toward the end of about a 45 minute process but I always count on not having service during the entire process...

If you upgrade from the manager, it need to be connected to the system for all the upgrade. If you are on local pc, there is no issue at all. I did that a few time. ACSscott is right, the system is rebooting after a while but thats'it. Remember that if it's a major update your phone will start downloading their new firmware after the reboot. If it's a 500v2 it can be long if you have a lot of phones. System can only do 10 at a time.

Jo the quebec tech
AIPS,ACSS,APSS

I really would not consider a remote Upgrade unless there was absolutely no other option.

Although unlikely of anything fails you are left with a dead customer & no way to fix them.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back