Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update recordset problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetambarineman

Technical User
Feb 29, 2000
GB
Hello all,

Having a slight problem when saving a record in one of my Access 97 databases. Basically what happens when my record is updated is that the database jumps to the first record in the file. I assume that this is because of the database being re-organised to include the new record. Can anyone suggest a way around this?? I need the record to update- but not fly away off to another record because i need to perform an operation on the data after its been saved..
I've tried moving the recordset forward and then back - but that hasnt worked for some reason..

Thanks in advance and i hope that my explanation isnt confusing...!!

Paul..

How are you updating the Access database? Are you using a VB application? Also, are you displaying the record in a table after updating it? And what kind of operation do you have to follow up? Maybe I can give you an alternative way to solve it.

Paul

Check the properties of cursor type in the returning recordset

0 - Forward only
1 - Keyset
2 - Dynamic
3 - Static

DamoOz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back