Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCCX Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkreverend

Technical User
Apr 3, 2008
US
Hi,
I come from and ICM and Avaya background and am a little taken aback at UCCX at the moment. I was trying to make what I assumed would be a 'simple' menu in UCCX. It does not appear to be a simple task.

Our environment for this instance is PBX users. We are doing these basic types of calls in Unity, but due to the sub menus involved in this one, wanted to bring this up to UCCX to control. Basically, I want a menu with a few options, on two of those options, they go to sub menus where the majority of them will simply hear a prompt telling them to dial another number. But on the other options of the menus, I want to dial a hunt pilot.

For now, as I try to learn this I simply have a menu playing a prompt, then if I press option 1, I should hear another prompt, option 2 should dial an external phone number.

None of this works. I get to the initial menu, but pressing 1 to hear the next prompt just sounds like a high pitched noise (yes the formatting is correct, as it is simply the same prompt playing at the menu start)

Option two just disconnects.

This is something that is so simple to do in Avaya, yet not so in UCCX.

Any assistance to accomplish this seemingly simple task would be welcome.

Thanks for your time.

Yes, Thank You. I've seen that and have looked over much of the documentation. It's a bit much for someone coming from an Avaya and ICM background. Not sure why they think the call flow audience are all java programmers. *scratches head*

Anyway, I've figured out one of my issues was a simply not updating the scripts over on the server. So having done that, I do hear the next prompt played when I press option 1. So that seems to work fine.

The problem I'm having now is getting option 2 to call someone. I'm using the place call step, but honestly, it's requiring several variables to be filled in, I'm not sure what it's expecting. I've created a var with the number to call, and created the remaining required vars, but not clear on what values they need(other than the var with the number I want it to dial).
This may seem pointless though because ultimately I'll be looking to send this to a hunt pilot on Call Manager, not to IPCC agents.

Right now I'm just playing around to have it call me in an attempt to just learn.

If anyone can explain some better example to use the place call step than whats in the manual, or even better, if anyone has any experience in sending a caller to a hunt pilot, it would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Are you using queueing?
If not i recommend using Unity for your menus, they are way easier to build and use.

If you like I can send you a menu/script we use that contains multiple menus that you can use as a template for creating your menu.
you will just need to use "CCX Editor" to make your changes

Hi watchdovr

I am trying to come up with a script that can deal with various menu options for an insurance firm, could you help me out with this template for creating multiple menus. Kindly.

My script without the menu works fine and I have also created options where if I press 1, it goes to the correct csq. However I am new at this and would like to take a look at the template see if I can learn a thing or two.

Thanks and Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back