Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TZ180 Access Internet Issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockCave

Technical User
Jan 10, 2010
IE
Hi,

Since our whole system had an unexpected reboot no one can access the internet... No configs have changed although the SonicWall went into safemode after the restart. I am able to access the internet when bypassing the SonicWall so I know net access is still there.

I also had a look at the Cisco EPC2435 setup and that remained the same. There is a wheezing (high pitch) sound coming from the TZ180 but I don't know if that has anything to do with the issue because all the lights still seems active and I can access the config.

ISP -> Cisco EPC2435 -> SonicWall TZ180 -> Local LAN

As a test I put a PC in the place of the Cisco router with it's IP settings and I am able to ping it but once I put the Sonic back into production line I am unable to ping the Cisco router LAN IP.

Anyone please have a bit of advice?
Thx

Log into the Sonicwall and try pinging your ISPs DNS server. If you can ping from within the Sonicwall, connect a laptop with a static IP directly to LAN port on the Sonicwall and see if you can ping from there.

Hi,

I can ping it from the SonicWall admin interface but once I use a PC (static IP) on one of the SonicWall LAN connections it doesn't ping.

I can't ping anything beyond the LAN interface of the SonicWall.

What doesn't make sense to me is that none of the configs have changed but obviously there are some issue.

Thx

I would try turning one of the interfaces on the Sonicwall into a DMZ and see if you can connect throught that. Once you do this it will create new NAT polices and firewall rules for the new subnet. Reattach a workstation to the DMZ interface and see if you get better results.

Your gateway IP is the firewall right? Also are you pinging an IP address or domain name? If not an IP then try 8.8.8.8 which is google's new DNS server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back