Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Type 7 mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

kepetersen

Technical User
Jun 25, 2010
US
How does the Type 7 mailbox work on the Aria Octel system?

FaxResponset provides a fax-on-demand capability for the server. Using a combination of
fax-delivery mailboxes, Enhanced Call Processingt (ECP) mailboxes, and Information Center
Mailboxest (ICMBs) that can accept faxes, callers and subscribers can select from a prompted
menu of faxes and receive those faxes at the fax machine they specify.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

You really can't use this any longer unless you already have a external application server that hooks to the Octel using the X.25 link.

If you need one let me know.

Ken Means

Ken, is there any function in Modular Messaging that does something similar to this application in the Aria?

No it will not even come close. You may be able to use it in the octel but it really depends on how you want to use it. Can you five me a example ?

Ken Means

If you just want ro let users call in and request just a few docs to be faxe to the or
To have them sent to the fax that they are calling from you can do that. But I'd you have lots of faxes and rhe docs change all of rhe time it can represent a big issue with out a data module.

Ken Means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back