Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two tables in one form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telsa

Programmer
Jun 20, 2000
US
Okay.. I have a form that has a combo box field where the data in it will go into a submittal table.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>BUT I want to be able to have that combo box display the records of a different table where the info comes from and then have it copy into the submittal table.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>So... same combo box but two tables... one for reference, the other for building the submittal table.<br><br>Make sense????<br><br>I know I'll have to code it but not sure how to go about it.<br><br>Any clues anyone??<br><br>Mary :eek:)

you want to have the Control Source be the field in the table that you want the data to go in to (the submittal table).&nbsp;&nbsp;then under Row Source hit the Build Button, this will bring up the Query Builder window, simply select the table you want the data to come from (and enter any parameters you want to limit the data), then close the window.&nbsp;&nbsp;it will prompt you to save the SQL expression, hit yes.<br><br>this will be the reference of the data. <p>Brian Famous<br><a href=mailto:bfamous@ncdoi.net>bfamous@ncdoi.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back