Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tutorials for beginners 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

terror

Programmer
Aug 22, 2001
US
Looking for beginner tutorials online for after effects 5.0

-Terror

Adobe has several good tutorials. Also you could try AEFreeMart ( I also found several using just Google as a search engine and searching for After Effects tutorials. But I'd recommend buying Adobe's Classroom in a Book. It starts at the basics and moves you thru most of the features and capabilities of AE. It also comes with a tutorial CD which has all the tutorial files and examples. It's a great book for only around $35 at Amazon.

thanks, jcouch,
I've picked up classroom in a book a couple of days ago. Just started going thru it...much obliged
-Terror

you can find some cyberMotion books, they are excellent, + you might try creativeCow.net they have really good tutz on all sorts of stuff... afx tuts are good.

cheers

thanks mrkeep,
I've been plodding away...and I must say, although I'm new and very frustrated, after effects is quite addicting once you have an idea of how things work. I just learned about using cameras in 3d space. :)

No offense, but CIB (Classroom In a Book) is not good. Get either the first or the second book of the series by Trish Meyer... those books actually teach, not just walk you through examples. You'll find yourself getting alot more inspired off of these books...

Any book from Trish Meyer is a must!
But if you really want to learn AE, and your on your own, you gotta
breakdown and buy the tapes from Total Training. I got tapes from
them on everything and its unbelievable. The guys that do them are
funny, and make a difficult topic easy to learn.
I got AE tapes from them last year and still go back to refresh.
I'm a big user of training tapes and have a few from different
companies, but Total Training just blows them all away!

anything for beginners to do with After Effects because i'm i ainn't used it at all and i need some beginner stuff

I had picked up one of the Trish and Chris Meyers books, at the time, they only had a book for AE 4.0 and now we're up to 5.5! But the book still helped me out. they do explain a lot of things you don't find in Classroom in a Book. They give a lot of do's and don'ts and 'how to get around certain scenarios'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back