Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn off MWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcooney

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2005
US
I have a Nortel CS1000 r4 w/Avaya Modular Messaging (integration is with digital set emulation). I have a situation where the light is lit indicating there is a message, but the MWI database indicates the light is off and there are no messages in the mailbox. After trying to resync the MWI and a couple of other things on the Avaya side, I am frustrated.

Does anyone know the sequence of steps that would enable me to turn on/off the lights from the Nortel side -- using the MIK (Message Indication Key) and the MCK (Message Cancellation Key). Could it be as simple as programming an MIK and MCK keys on a phone and then pressing the appropriate key followed by the extension to get the desired result? Someone once showed me how to do this and I believe it was as simple or nearly as simple as I am suggesting. Any ideas????

Yep that is it. Program a MCK key on the phone. Use it like any other feature press the key dial the number and press the key again.

reply is correct.. mck turns off the lamp.. to correct the root problem, turn on lamp audit on the nortel.. ld 88

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I beleive the lamp audit is in LD 77 not 88. LD 88 is for auth codes.

If it's not broke, don't fix it. This might be the way, this is Nortel.

Give JP a Break, he's getting old like me and we forget alotof things.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

that was a test.. you did pretty good..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back