Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble, System Hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaaz0za

Technical User
Oct 29, 2003
US
About every 6-8 weeks our IP406 1.4.(22) system stops working, you can call internal ext to ext and check VM but can’t dial out or dial in to a DID or the main #
(auto attendant) you get a fast busy. I call in a trouble ticket on the PRI and they always say its ok, they then loop it up and test and say its ok, but I still have the same symptoms, I reboot the fileserver (VM Pro, manager app) and everything is ok.
I thought you didn’t even need the server at all to place a out going call or call in to a DID. So I’m a little confused.
Is this a ckt problem that’s causing the server/system to hang or is this a Avaya software bug or is it a problem with the Microsoft server.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Set the Locale to ENU so that you can check the E911 settings. If Enable E911 System is ticked under the System Configuration tab then this is the problem. Untick and set the Locale back to ENG and the send the config. The problem is that some systems have recently been shipped with E911 enabled. If the IP Office is configured so that 9 is required for line access then when 911 numbers are dialed ie. 9 118 118, then the IPO sees this as an emergency number. As 911 cannot be dialed in attempts this call on every channel, locking them up as it goes to the next channel, until all channels are locked. A reboot temporarily resolves the problem. This can be seen in a monitor trace.

Check the setting of the pri line - if CRC checking has become unticked this can cause problems such as this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back