Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer point extention ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

davewarnes

Technical User
Aug 27, 2007
US
hi-

I have a nortel norstar phone system ics 4 with a startalk flash vm system. We are using the AA and CCR, and I am trying to get a transfer point on the ccr to ring continuously until someone at that extension dn picks up. It has voice removed and it rings 12 x now, but the bounces back to the ccr menu. Is there any way to disable the auto-bounce, and instead keep it ringing at that extension?

Thanks!

send it to a hunt group (with that extension in it)

Thanks. Tried that. I set up that phone with two others in a hunt group, and then pointed a path from the ccr to the group dn. Worked just fine, but after 12 rings, I got a system message that states the person you are calling is not available,... then it drops me back into the ccr menu.

None of the phones in this hg have vm attached to them.

Any additional thoughts?

Thanks

The feature is transfer call back if I remeber correctly. The max value is 12 and I dont think it can be turned off. What is happening is the VM is transfering the caller and the system defaults after 12 rings and gets the call back. Because the VM doesnt see a vm box associated with the transfer it gives the default message "The person is unavailable."

the problem is that no matter what u do the call returns to sender due to design intent..rings max 10 or 12 and goes back to gd mbox "if it originated from vm"...been there done that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back