Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

the resource file is not valid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 2006
US
Hello,

I get this message box everytime I open up my Visual Foxpro

program. I get it even before opening any database system.

The message is like this: "The resoursce file is not valid. Overwrite it with a new empty one?"

What do I do to get rid of this message box.

Charles

What do I do to get rid of this message box.

Did you try what the message says, "overwrite it with a new empty one"? That should help.

As an alternative, you can copy a valid Foxuser.dbf from elsewhere, or just delete it altogether.

With this, some of your settings and preferences may be lost, so you will have to set them up again. You may want to save a copy of your Foxuser.dbf somewhere after you are done, if you wish.

Hello Stella740pl,

How can I find it! I find so many of them on the c drive.

Which one do I delete?

Thank you for the tips.

charles

You can use SYS(2005) function - current resource file, or go through the menu: Tools->Options->File Locations->Resource File.

Or you can let FoxPro error handling do it. Just press OK when you get "Overwrite it with a new empty one?" question.

set('resource',1) to get the location of foxuser.

You may try to disable foxuser for now using set resource off or resource = off in config.fpw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back