Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telnet Failure - Summit 48

Status
Not open for further replies.

icvanstra

Technical User
May 10, 2002
US
All,

I have one Summit 48 that will not let me telnet into it. The web interface and the console port both work fine.

double checked and 'enable telnet' is in the config. don't think it's the revision of the code because I took a summit 28 to the same rev and telnet works fine.

thanks,
eric

Did it ever work or just suddenly quit?
Did you use the same config on the S24? (less the additional ports of course).
How is the S48 configured for the IP address you are attempting to reach?

-/gigless extremity

odd... responded to this and it didn't show up. here goes again:

The Summit 48 replaced a Summit 24; I took the code from the 24 and dropped it on the 48. Then spent some time cleaning up the little things that didn't match. i.e. the fiber transceivers were a new port number...

Other than the telnet issue I have not found anything wrong with the box. My local SE wasn't any help either.

thanks,
eric

Eric,
I want to ask you some questions offline. Please write me directly at extremegig@hotmail.com.

"Mmmmmm.....purrr-pulll...." - Homer Simpson

I had a same experience several times.

Just do like this. You can connect the machine through console. On the CLI mode, type "disable telnet" and type "enable telnet". Then you can repair telnet daemon.

If it couldn't work once, do it twice or more.

It will work.

- Elca

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back on this....

I disabled and enabled several times and it still did not work.

thanks,
eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back