Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tar error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumj1

MIS
Apr 3, 2007
US
what is a "tar file write error" i seem to be getting this intermittently on a novell server. specifically it usually goes like this:

- Critical bpbrm(pid=6888) from client mcprno01: FTL - tar file write error (32)
- end writing; write time: 00:13:58
file write failed(14)

any ideas or pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated

In-Depth Troubleshooting Guide for Exit Status Code 14 in NetBackup Server (tm) / NetBackup Enterprise Server (tm) 5.0 / 5.1

Bob Stump
VERITAS
"Ain't it the truth? Ain't it the truth?" Bert Lahr, Wizard of Oz 1939

To correct this issue, change the media multiplexing on the schedule to 1. Or ensure that the maintenance pack of the client is the same as the server. I realize it now that this issue probably coincides with the upgrade to mp7 on version 5.0.

A similar issue is discussed in the following technote:
Can someone explain the difference and significance of media multiplexing on the schedule vs. the setting on the storage unit?

Thanks!

Netbackup uses the lowest value between the STU and the schedule to determine the MPX to use during backups.

This way you can lower the MPX for a specific schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back