Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TAC problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rauliz

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2010
EU
Hello,
There are some users that need to use the TAC code for the main trunk because these users shouldn't have any call's restriction .
Is there any way of configure it so only some phones can use the TAC code?
Thanks.

Use cor restrictions to allow or deny the station's COR to call or be called from the trunk-group's (TAC) COR

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

What option should be enabled in COR to allow users to use TAC code?
Thanks in advance.

Dial Access? y

this field on your trunk-group for will allow TAC dialing if your trunk-group is not isdn.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

Hello,
I have enabled this option in the trunk group, but I want to restrict that this TAC code only can be used for 4 users in all building, so I need to configure a new COR.
But I don't know what is the option that I have to configure in the new COR to allow these four users to use the TAC Code.

Hello,
Maybe I don't explain very well. I have enable option "Dial Access? y" in Trunk group.
I need to configure a new COR to allow only four extensions to use this TAC Code and if they try to use this TAC code from other extensions that doesn't have this COR, they cannot use it.
Is it possible to configure it? What is the option that I should have enable in the new cor?
Thanks in advance.

Sounds to me like what you really want to do is manage user's ability to make long distance through the use of COR's and Route Patterns.

Why do the four get to use the TAC and nobody else? What type of calls go out that trunk group?

You are right.
I want to route all calls directly to the PSTN only for four users.
There are problems when they try to send long distance faxes via internal Line. A provisional solution is provide the user the tac code to go thru the PSTN, but it is a security problem because anybody could call wherever he wants. This is the reason why I want restrict it only to 4 extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back