Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tab controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpnorris

IS-IT--Management
Dec 31, 2002
US
I hope someone can help me. I have my main data entry form. IT has a bunch of text and dropdown boxes. At the bottom are four command buttons. One of them is add record. When I set up the tab control, indicating which fields should come after the other when you hit the tab key. The problem is that when you cycle through all of the fields and the command buttons it automatically adds the record to the database, without hitting the add record butoon.

I do not want this to happen. I would like it to go back to the first record on the form.

If anyone has some insight I would greatly appreciate it.

Check the "Cycle" property of your form. If it's set to "All Records", tabbing past the last control on your form will send it to the next record, thereby saving the current data to the database. Change the setting to "Current Record" or "Current Page" to avoid this.

Ken S.

Thank you very much. That did the trick. I appreciate the quick response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back