Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

system freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhag

Technical User
May 27, 2005
US
While browsing the internet, the system completely freezes and the monitor screen turns black. Just the power light is on. It happens usually after 30 - 40 minutes of using the internet.I don't understand what is happening and what I should do? I am using Internet explore 6.0 browser, Cable connection through Bell Sympatico. I got to turn off the power and restart the system again.
Actually everything was fine before I could install Bell Sympatico High speed edition. After installing Bell Sympatico, my system starts up really really slow. When I try to shutdown, sometimes I get "Windows is shutting down" message but it is not shutting down. I tried to install patches as directed by some Bell sympatico technical help. Nothing works.
This is my system resource details: windows 98(SE), Compaq Computer, AMD-K6(tm) 3D Processor, 184.0MB RAM
I am not too familiar with technical terms. I am using this system at home. I would appreciate everyones suggestion in simple steps and words. Thanks in advance for all the suggestions.
Bhag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back