Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System dialing external numbers automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sesmatt

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2006
Our Norstar system keeps calling a few external numbers by itself. The people receive the calls and it sounds like they are getting the voicemail system.

At first it was just one of our employees that this was happening to, now some random person is getting the calls, and they aren't to happy about it.

I'm not sure where to start to solve this problem, any ideas?

I would check the voice mail message notification and see if someone has been playing with it. If they put in random #s the system will call if it is activated. The easiest way to prevent this is to go into mb admin and disallow outdialing.
Message notification is a per mb option.

feature #84 - cancels line redirection. May be heading you in the wrong direction. One of the techs here helped me with that problem a few months ago. Incoming calls where redirected back out of the system.
Just a thought

Thanks for the help guys, I found one of the numbers our system was calling in one of our mailbox's notification setup, and got rid of that.

I never found the other number that was being dialed, but hopefully #84 killed it too.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back