Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sync Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

beermenow

Vendor
Feb 28, 2008
US
To be honest I am not quiet sure what had happened but none the less I created a new remote database from the master file. Unpacked/restored then sync and it works fine.

Long story short I had a ton of changes I made to the old db so I have to re-import 15000k of changes made to it then merge it with the new one that was unpacked and restored and when I try to sync it give me an error message of "Unable to check if schema is available for sync. synchronization timed out. contact your administrator for assistance

I have used act diag to rebuild/repair the schema and sync still nothing.. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Hopefully it makes sense.. it's late :)

I would have merged the changes into the Publisher database before creating the new RDB. Much better that way that sending an entire database back and forwards via sync.

Also, you didn't say what version of ACT!

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust
Join the LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group

Act 2007 Latest Version.

Glad that made sense to you. I was up late watching Saw :). You are saying upload a copy of the old db to the server.. merge it then unpack it again?

It's a shame I never thought of that.. thanks so much for some outside of the box thinking. Any guess why that error message occurred though? Also how is the latest and greatest act? Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back