Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SX200ICP PRI Dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

natemgt

Technical User
Jun 24, 2008
US
My customer has an SX200 ICP software version 5.0.2.3. They have the Mitel Border Gateway version 6.0.10.0 running their teleworker phones. It is setup with 2 ethernet cards, one connected to the LAN and one connected to the internet.

The PRI has gone down a few times in the last 2 weeks. Physically the PRI is fine and tests clean. I unplug the PRI and plug it back in and it re-syncs and runs fine for an hour or so.

The weird thing is I check the log files and for about an hour before it goes down I get a warning telling me there is possibly 2 computers with the same IP address. It tells me what IP address and the mac address associated. The IP address is the mitel border gateway server and the 2 mac addresses are each ethernet card on the server.

The first time it went down I reset the system and everything seemed fine. I left and within 2 hours I got a call that it was down again. Sure enough I had the same logs about the IP address before the PRI locked up. I unplugged the server from the LAN and left it off over night. I had the central office monitor the PRI (tested clean). The next day I reset the server and plugged it back in. It ran fine for over a week until today. It went down with the same errors in the log.

Has anyone seen this type of trouble before with the border gateway server? Would changing out the ethernet cards make a difference? Or could it be the Linux operating system, or the border gateway software?

Thanks

What is the IP address of your E2T Card?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

72.164.31.206. The lan is 10.0.1.50. I am able to access the server through the LAN with no problem. The off prem phones connect ok to the server.

Yesterday afternoon however the PRI started having call quality issues. Faxes couldn't go through and there would be intermittent static. I ended up having to move the PRI to the second port on the NSU.

Could the PRI port have been going bad and caused that error? I am not sure because the error log shows the IP problem before the PRI would lock up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back