Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switch board disapeared?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior1544

Technical User
Apr 20, 2001
US
I have a user that once in a while, when the computer locks, (windows 2k on a domain) and she goes back into the database(she never closed it, just minimized it), the switch board is empty... there is just the one box, and no text... and the box doesn't do any thing... what's going on here?? there are up to four concurent users of this database... it's a front end/back end design... all users are windows 2k and access 2k, and setup the same... it just happens to this one user on this one computer some of the time... i'm confused... and being that this is a mission critical database, i need to get this fixed... thanks alot!

--Junior[lightsaber] Junior1544@yahoo.com
Life is change. To deny change is to deny life.

any idea's, i'm at a loss here...

--Junior[yoda] Junior1544@yahoo.com
Life is change. To deny change is to deny life.

Is the switchboarditems table in the front end or back end database? If it is in the back end, import it to the front end and rename the linked table.

Maybe something is causing access to freeze. You could place some code in the form to see if the code is running after the workstation is unlocked.

Private Sub Form_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
MsgBox ("test")
End Sub

I'm just guessing myself. I've never had this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back