Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Superloopcards

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalrl

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
DE
1. How many SLC can I insert in one Core-Shelf?
2. What is the maximum number of Double-Pri-Cards in a coreshelf
3. If I configure a new 61c with 256 dig.IF I normally expect one IPE-Shelf (16Slots x 16ext = 256). But Slots 7 and 15 remains empty in Bayfacelayout and I get 2IPE-Shelfs - why?

a supl uses 4 timeslotes.. if you use loop for a supl.. 5 6 and 7 can not be used.. that leads to needing to plan add's// if you use 0 and 1 for conf tds, then you can use 2 and 2 for dual pris... 4 0 and 4 1 can be supl then 8 0, 8 1 can be supl or use 8 9 10 and 11 for dual pris... if you use 0 for a supl, you use tn 0 0 0 0 but the rest work

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Max numbers

you can have 1 TDS 3 Supl cards and 1 Dual Pri
or you can have 1 TDS and 7 Dual Pri's
or any combination thereof.

Depending on segmentation, slots 7 and 15 are usually used for DTR cards.

sorta like fitting square pegs in round holes

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

A superloopcard has 120 Timeslots. Does it mean: 120 supported calls? I think I read in a NTP, that a call needs two timeslots?!

a single timeslot per call per phone. and your right.. you always have less timeslots then sets.. the only time that is a problem is if you have a shelf that has 16 digital sets, all acd sets.. or a phone bank... in an extreme case i have had to do a reconfig with 2 loops per shelf.. the 1st 8 cards were 4 0 the last 8 were 16 0... i did 8 ipe's that way to prevent blocking... that was one switch in 30 years.. all phone systems have potential blocking.. the dms most of us get our home dialtone are usually graded at about 15 percent... in an extreme case (9-11 in NY) users pick up the phone and get a busy signal.. if you have blocking the 1st sign is picking up a digital set and not getting dialtone for a few seconds..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back